Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Day after...

We had this rocking party 2 weeks ago, almost....(parties, that rare species!!)
and i drank wine like i had never drunk before....
Actually, that is true. I had never drank wine before till that day. And then I had around 5 glasses or so. I took Pawan's glass from him and drank his too.
And it hit me. See, I am not a regular at this game. And I have strange, though explicable, paranoias about drinking. Have avoided doing that forever, and dont particularly like that habit in people.
But coming to a management institution, especially this one, has almost rid me of all my inhibitions an reservations against drinking.....when you are not the one putting up the show of the evening, drunk and merry, its actually quite fun!!
So, whatever...
That night, I had my first hangover!!!
Or at least, I think so.....the usual much-heard-of symptoms were there....like a heavy heavy head....someone trying to bang down the innards of my head.....cant drag myself out of this little zone of inertia...yeah, classic hangover!!....
And the next day, we had a 9 o'clock class...which i surprisingly attended, and paid attention...
Well, not at all times...those momentary lapses of concentration led me and Shashi (who btw would win my vote for blogger of the year, only if he deigns to write one!!) wrote this piece of poetry down...
Piece of poetry..:D....I like that!...it wasnt meant to be that serious or that ingenous...it was fun, circumstantial and a cool way to not listen to class proceedings!
I reproduce it here, so that its easy for me to get nostalgic later on...

Shashi's Part

'I wake up. I drink some wine.
Open my eyes and check the time.
And the ghosts that lingered in my room.
Look at the light in my eyes and fade from view;

But there's nowhere to run or hide
When I have to step outside.
Crazy little battles fought on the streets
You smile and you wave as you retreat.
And I step into my skin
I'd ask you where have you been.'

My humble and not that interesting follow-up ( and believe me, I think modesty is an over-rated virtue!)

'The hammer beats down on my groggy head
The resounding remnants of the last few pegs
For a few hours, did you and me part
You, all polite and peace; me, the hedonistic upstart!

I can't say, the parting was with grief
I stepped out of the ordinary for that moment brief
But now when you settle back into your place
I sit down tight, and quit the chase...'

Appreciation is welcome, criticiam forewarned!


Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrunalini said...

Damn cool poem
Expecting more from the sporadic poet
Though it can be dull and cold
Whatever u write would be appreciateced by us
Coz we are as much as duds :D

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home